Volunteers. We have plenty of opportunities if you want some fresh air and exercise or if you just want to spend some time on the farm. More info….
- Shop keeper – Wednesday, Friday or Saturday. Making labels, keeping shop tidy, welcoming people and explaining how the farm works, as well as selling them produce!
- Weeding and digging – we are forming up and manuring our beds ready for spring 2018.
- Market garden help – sowing, planting out, weeding, watering and eventually harvesting.
- Woodworking – we also still have a few ongoing construction projects such as transforming pallets into planters.
- Splitting logs – we have make our own firewood to sell and always have logs and kindling to split.
Materials. All of the following are useful to us:
- small forks and trowels
- washed egg shells – we use these to make shell grit to keep our chickens healthy.
- vegetable peelings – we can take your veg peelings to go into our compost.
- sawdust – for use as litter in the chicken house, and in our off-grid toilet.
- roof tiles – these make long-lasting terraces on our market garden beds.
- a 4-hole hole-punch
- surplus timber and DIY materials for our construction projects, such as making a mobile chicken house.
- OSB boards (for making our office and teaching space in the barn.
Opportunities. We are seeking the following:
- Markets for our vegetable sales – we can supply 10s of units of our produce – beetroot, carrots, chard, cucumber, French beans, garlic, herbs, kale, lettuce, mixed salad leaves, mange toute, onions, radish, runner beans, spinach, tomato and squash.
- Users for our on-site services – we can host your group on-site for a variety of purposes – school visit, team-building days. You can come to volunteer or to learn or both.
Last updated 07 January 2019